The Tippett Quartet are in Mexico this week as resident quartet at the Festival de Música de Cámara de Aguascalientes. Held at the Universidad Panamericana, the chamber music festival attracts prodigious young musicians from around the world and the Tippett Quartet will be taking them through their paces in daily workshops. They will also chair a masterclass on Saturday 20th and perform Haydn’s String Quartet in C major Op.20 No.2, Britten’s String Quartet No.1 and Schubert’s String Quartet No. 14 in D minor D. 810 in a grand finale concert on Sunday 21st July.
Tippett Quartet make Mexican debut
Tippett Quartet make their Mexican debut with residency at the Festival de Música de Cámara de Aguascalientes.
- Stile Antico shortlisted for Gramophone award
- Noriko Ogawa sings the praises of Erard piano in BBC music magazine
- Stile Antico return to Spain
- Sacconi Quartet’s new disc chosen as Gramophone’s Recording of the Month
- Welcome to new staff member Kate!
- Sacconi Quartet release new disc of works by Jonathan Dove
- Rave reviews for Stile Antico’s first performance of Bach
- Amy Dickson captivates at Musica Viva Festival
- Critics highly praise Peter Donohoe’s Scriabin marathon
- Take a Breath with Amy Dickson