The Tippett Quartet are in Mexico this week as resident quartet at the Festival de Música de Cámara de Aguascalientes. Held at the Universidad Panamericana, the chamber music festival attracts prodigious young musicians from around the world and the Tippett Quartet will be taking them through their paces in daily workshops. They will also chair a masterclass on Saturday 20th and perform Haydn’s String Quartet in C major Op.20 No.2, Britten’s String Quartet No.1 and Schubert’s String Quartet No. 14 in D minor D. 810 in a grand finale concert on Sunday 21st July.
Tippett Quartet make Mexican debut
Tippett Quartet make their Mexican debut with residency at the Festival de Música de Cámara de Aguascalientes.
- Critics highly praise Peter Donohoe’s Scriabin marathon
- Take a Breath with Amy Dickson
- Peter Donohoe releases new disc of Shostakovich Preludes and Fugues
- She’Koyokh release fourth album, ‘First Dance on Second Avenue’
- The London Bridge Trio welcome violinist David Adams
- Stile Antico’s USA tour is ‘top pick’ in Boston Globe and New York Times
- Tickets now on sale for the tenth Sacconi Chamber Music Festival
- Shakespeare disc featuring Michael Collins wins Grammy Award
- Amy Dickson ‘Glass’ Number 1
- Ikon Arts welcomes Amy Dickson