Noriko Ogawa has featured in a BBC music magazine article ‘Perfect Partners: What is it like to perform a music on the ideal instrument for which it was written?’ In it, she discusses her discovery and instant love of an Erard piano from 1890. The admiration of its elegant sound and humorous touch led her to choose that instrument as the one on which to record her latest discs of Satie. The disc samples works from across Satie’s career from the early Three Sarabandes through to later works such as the Enfantines.
Noriko Ogawa sings the praises of Erard piano in BBC music magazine
Noriko Ogawa has featured in a BBC music magazine article ‘Perfect Partners'.
- Stile Antico shortlisted for Gramophone award
- Stile Antico return to Spain
- Sacconi Quartet’s new disc chosen as Gramophone’s Recording of the Month
- Welcome to new staff member Kate!
- Sacconi Quartet release new disc of works by Jonathan Dove
- Rave reviews for Stile Antico’s first performance of Bach
- Amy Dickson captivates at Musica Viva Festival
- Critics highly praise Peter Donohoe’s Scriabin marathon
- Take a Breath with Amy Dickson
- Peter Donohoe releases new disc of Shostakovich Preludes and Fugues